Sunday, June 14, 2009

111th Philippine Independence Day




The Philippine Declaration of Independence occured on June 12, 1898 in Kawit, Cavite. (formerly known as Cavite El Viejo)

With the public reading of the Act of the Declaration of the Philippine Independence, Filipino Revoutionary Forces under General Emilio Aguinaldo, proclaimed the sovereignty and Independence of the Philippine Islands from the colonial rule of Spain, which had been recently defeated at the Battle of Manila Bayduring the Spanish-American war.


Today, Even after One Hundred and eleven years, We still celebrate this special day in the lives of Filipinos around the world.

I remember clearly as how Independence Day celebration would be like when I used to be in school. There would be parades, floats, balloons, treats, food, concerts, sale and whatevers.


It is a different experience each year for me.
And this year, I have again joined the wonderful Embassy Choir called "Koro Filipino".


KORO FILIPINO, is a choral group founded by the former Vice Consul of Cambodia.
I have been with the group since 2006. And I saw many members come and go. And it kind of made me sad but meeting and having new friends were such reasons for me to stay with the group. Plus, I get to do what I like most. Which is Singing!!!




These are some photos I took during the event.


Clockwise from left: The Ambassador with the cutting of the cake, Koro Filipino singing "Lupang Hinirang", The National Anthem of The Philippines. Ballroom dancers guests from Manila. The Cambodia Philippine Dance Troup dancing Tinikling.


Goofy Moments and some Photo-Ops;





I even did...




Pinoy... Bingo... Night!!!

(Explains the whole look, right?)

1 comment: