Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What I felt lately...

Sunday: ATP Wimbledon Finals

The match was indeed an epic final BUT it cannot be compared to the 2008 ATP Wimbledon Finals between Roger and Rafa. But last night, I almost had a heart attack and I couldn't even go to the bathroom especially on the fifth set. I was actually rooting for Andy Roddick despite being a Federer fan.

Tuesday: Michael Jackson's Memorial Service

I was crying like a baby the whole time I was watching it. The performances and the speeches made by his family, closest friends and fans moved me.

Notable Quotes;

"Michael, when you left us, a part of me went with you. I will treasure the good times, singing, dancing, laughing. We will never understand what he endured... being judged, ridiculed. How much pain can one take? Maybe, now, Michael, They will leave you alone."
-Marlon Jackson-

"Michael always knew he could count on me to support him or be his date. We had a bond and maybe it was because we understood what it was like to be in the spotlight from a very, very young age. I used to tease him and say, 'I started when I was 11 months old. You're a slacker. You were like 5? Both of us needed to be adults very early but when we were together, We were two little kids having fun. MJ's laugh was the sweetest and purest of anyone I've known. -Brooke Shields-

"This is a moment that I wish that I didn't live to see come. But as much as I can say that and mean it, I don know that God is good and I do know that as much as we may feel - and we do - that we need Michael here with us, God must have needed him far more."
-Stevie Wonder-

"When he did his iconic walk, I was shocked. It was magic. Michael Jackson went into orbit and never came down. Though it ended too soon, Michael's life was beautiful."
-Barry Gordon-

What broke my heart is when Michael Jackson's daughter Paris said in public for the first time.
"Ever since I was born, Daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine. And I just wanted to say I love him - so much."

No comments:

Post a Comment